Disconnection of services
It is your responsibility to have all utility services disconnected from the rental property upon vacation and to have all accounts finalised when you vacate.
Please arrange for the redirection of all mail through Australia Post. Please also advise the banks, hire, purchase companies, etc of your forwarding address.
The following guideline’s has been prepared in order to assist with the assessment of the property you have been renting to ensure prompt return of your Bond.
The property must be comparable upon vacation to the initial condition report.
- Stove and oven to be cleaned inside and out, including oven racks and griller tray.
- All kitchen cupboards, drawers and bench tops to be cleaned internally and externally.
- Remove and clean kitchen exhaust fan/range hood.
- Dust or clean windows and window furnishings.
- Clean bath, shower recess (check for mould), tile grouting, hand basin, bathroom cabinets, toilets and floors.
- Remove and clean bathroom exhaust fan.
- Venetian blinds and window furnishings throughout the property must be dusted and cleaned.
Walls and Doors:
- Wash down dirty walls and all woodwork (including skirting boards) to remove all marks and stains, remove all cobwebs. Particularly from around light switches and door handles. All cobwebs are to be removed.
- Air vents to be dusted.
- Windows and windowsills to be dusted and cleaned internally and externally. If you have affixed any pictures or posters, without the appropriate approval or used hooks or nails-thus damaging the walls-these areas will need to be repainted at your expense unless the damage is rectified
- Carpets must be professionally steam cleaned upon vacation and receipt supplied upon returning the keys.
- Vinyl/Linoleum, floorboards and tiled areas to be washed thoroughly.
- Clean all light fittings and replace any blown light globes.
- Driveways, carports, garages and all areas to be free of all oil and grease stains.
Lawns & Gardens:
- Please ensure that all lawns are mowed, edges trimmed, garden beds and pebble gardens are to be weeded and well maintained.
- All garden rubbish and other rubbish are to be removed from the property.
Keys & Remote Control Devices:
- Keys to all locks, letterbox and remote control door units are to be returned upon vacating. Rent will be charged accordingly until we have received all of the keys.
- The lodged bond will only be refunded after all keys have been returned to our office and a final inspection has been carried out on the property and landlords/agent is satisfied with the condition of the property.
- Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 the property bond is not to be used as rent owing to date
- Upon returning the keys to the office the Property Manager will inspect the property. The condition will be compared against the original condition report when tenancy commenced, allowing for reasonable wear and tear. A Bond claim form will need to be signed by all parties to whose names the bond is held.
- Please check your condition report for the original condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.